Tuesday, January 22, 2013

walking home.

A lot of you have been asking how you can help or donate to Housing Resources, Inc. and here is your chance!

If you would like to give in a small way, I am accepting hygiene products (hand sanitizers, travel size soaps, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.) to have sitting out in my cube. Every week I interview clients and a lot of them are currently living in some type of homeless shelter. I think having these items available to them if needed is another small way we can make a difference in our client's lives. I'm also excited that I was able to refashion this basket from DW, circa summer 2007 :) 



If you'd like to help in a big way, our annual Walk for the Homeless is on March 23rd. I will be raising money through FirstGiving, which is an easy way to make an online donation (we used it in 2012 for Safe Haven and the River Bank Run). HRI's goal this year is to raise $100,000 which I know sounds like a lot BUT it can be done. Last year the goal was $70,000 and they raised around $85,000. Amazing!

All the money goes straight to HRI where we will continue the fight against homelessness in Kalamazoo County. I've decided since my goal for Safe Haven was $1,000 and you and I raised $1,200...that the goal should be $1,200 just to spice things up a bit. Click HERE if you're up to the challenge and want to help end homelessness!

If you're really wanting to give back, don't just talk the talk...WALK THE WALK! Come to the Eleanor House at 9am on March 23rd and walk with me! I promise it will be fun :)

Be the change. Make the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment