Wednesday, November 14, 2012

holiday happenings.

As some of you  may or may not recall, I recently moved home to Kalamazoo. It has been so nice being closer to family and my childhood friends! 

In the past, my mom and I have participated in the Greater Kalamazoo Holiday Food Drive...and this year I decided we should get more involved since I'm closer.


In 1993, the Food Drive began with a few law enforcement employees collecting food and delivering food boxes to families in Kalamazoo the week before Christmas. These boxes are packed with a weeks worth of food for families in need. What started out then as a collection for about 40 families has now turned into a collection for around 1500 families!

So this year I will be collecting canned food and any type of food item YOU are willing to donate. I then will have to get our donation to the fairgrounds by December 21st where some amazing volunteers will be sorting it. Then, on Saturday the 22nd, hundreds of Kalamazoo residents come out to stuff the boxes full and deliver them. 

Please contact me if you are interested in donating at bethechangemakethedifference@gmail.com OR let me know if you want to join in stuffing boxes! OR if you'd like to just make a cash donation, click here. OR if you are in the Kalamazoo area and would like to find a grocery store collecting items, click here. So many ways to help :)

Be the change. Make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment